Wednesday, October 17, 2012

DAY TWO

THE ABUNDANCE OF GOD IS MY INFINITE SOURCE

Some people don't like the word "God" because of previous negative experiences with people who say "God" or because they think of God as a man in the sky.  I've learned long ago that there is no man in the sky, but a force or spirit that creates everything.  That force is inside of us, it's infinite (never ending) and it is available to all of us.  This 1ine of the prayer simply says that our finances doesn't depend on any other source, not our job, not our spouse, or any other source.

When I got fired from Essence Magazine after writing for them for 25 years, it was a shock. The bad news came in a telephone call from a cold and distant woman. I immediately thought about my finances.  How was I going to pay my bills, what was I going to do about the rent.  Then I started quieting my mind which was giving me all the worst case scenarios that could happen.  I slowed down my breathing, took some long yogic breaths, put on my sneakers, picked up my hiking stick and walked to the waterfall.  While at the waterfall, watching the water gushing over the rocks, I recited the prayer.  While no immediate solutions came to mind, just saying the prayer calmed me down.  The 2nd line in the prayer, "The Abundance of God is my infinite source" took on a new meaning. I thought about Essence and immediately understood that they were not my infinite source.  Jobs come and go and sometimes the circumstances around being fired is not fair.  I decided that I was not going to create a story of victimization, but instead was going to fully realize that God was my infinite source.  It was a battle to keep my mind focused on Truth for the following days.  But I kept saying the prayer every time I thought about my money and the upcoming rent.  Three days in, I walked to my mailbox and found a letter from an angel woman who has once attended my classes in the city.  She wrote that while meditating she got the message to send me money.  There were 3 money orders in the letter, and they added up to the amount that I would ordinarily receive from Essence.  I walked home saying "thank you", "thank you", "thank you".  For some reason the woman who sent the money had been impressed by me and because she tunes into her higher self, she listened to the message she received during meditation. 

BACK STORY

I began to think about my money angel, and remembered an incident when she first joined my class. She had paid for the beginner's class and for the second class, but I decided to give the 2nd class for free.  I decided to give back the money that she had originally sent to me and explained to her that since I was giving the 2nd class for free, she had over paid.  I remember how she looked at me as I handed her the money. She had a Light around her and a twinkle in her eyes. She said to me "I'm always in good relationship with my money".  And I thought to myself that I had to also be in good relationship with my money, that keeping her money would be like cheating
her. 
STAY IN ALIGNMENT WITH SOURCE

Some of us are starting businesses, some of us are working for ourselves, and we always have to keep in mind to give good service for a reasonable fee.  We don't have to cheat anyone in order to be successful.  When we are in alignment or good relationship with our money there's no need to scheme or create devious means to be financially successful.  Spiritual Success means living in accordance with spiritual law.  We must be in integrity with our thoughts, our words and our deeds.
We will be meditating and saying the prayer at 8:00pm  Join us because there's power in the group.  Thought for the day:  God is my source of supply.  And so it is!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you.