Friday, October 19, 2012

Day FOUR


GOOD COMES TO ME THROUGH UNEXPECTED AVENUES


When I first read this line in the prayer, I was thinking to myself "what good could come to me through unexpected avenues?   In other words I wasn't a believer.  But that negative mind set changed when I won a hundred dollar certificate from my health food store.  The first week of saying the prayer every day and memorizing it line by line, I received a letter from one of my daughters saying she was broke and couldn't afford her vitamin supplements.  I decided to send her the supplements and have faith that I could afford to pay for them.  I thought the whole thing over and decided that sending her the vitamins was a form of tithing.  Armed with a list of vitamins for my daughter, I rushed into the health food store and ended up buying about $60 worth of B's C's D's Omega Oils.  Then I packed them in a neat box and mailed them to her with a note about trusting the universe and a copy of the prayer.  The next day I realized that I only had $10 dollars to spend and I also realized that I had forgotten that I needed Vitamin E.  As I approached the health food store, the negative rational mind said "you're always taking care of other people and forgetting to take care of you".  "Now because you want to be considered a good person, you're going to suffer".  Yes, me and the rational mind aren't always good friends (smile).  I shut her up by saying "good comes to me through unexpected avenues".  When I walked into the health food store it seemed everyone was smiling at me.  I loved that store. It was owned by Jamaican people who really knew all about vitamins and herbs and who always gave good customer service.  Holding on to my "last" ten dollars I said to the clerk "do you have a cheap Vitamin E?"  "all I have is ten dollars".  The young woman laughed and said "did you see your name on the front door?"  No, I hadn't seen my name on the front door.  Then the owner came up to me and said "you won the contest, so I guess you'll have enough money to buy your Vitamin E".  What?  I never won anything in my entire life.  It seemed that the day before, as I was rushing to buy the vitamins for my daughter, someone pushed a post it sized note to me and asked for my address and telephone number.  I thought it was just their  way of updating their mailing list and didn't realize it was a contest.  The owner smiled at me and said you won $100 that can be used in the store and you don't have to spend it all at one time.  Wowee!!!  Was this prayer working or what?

I thought to share that story because just yesterday a friend from Queens called and left a message telling me that somehow good came to him through unexpected avenues.  He said he only had ten dollars to last through the weekend, but suddenly found out that a class he had paid for was cancelled, thus the school was refunding him $280 dollars and he needed it.  He also said he was going to tell all his friends about this prayer and this blog because it worked for him last time and its working for him again.  He ended with a message that he believes in picking up pennies as they are little hints that money is on the way.  We're suggesting that you join us in a group meditation at 8:00pm tonight.  Just repeat the prayer and know that there is no time or space on the Higher levels of existence.  We are all one.  And it is all good.
Thought for the day:  All the money that ever was or ever will be is here now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you.