Sunday, October 28, 2012

13TH DAY

GOD PROVIDES FOR ME IN WONDROUS WAYS, AND SO IT IS!

This is the last line of the money prayer and it sums up everything.  God does provide for us in wondrous ways, and so it is!  And so it is puts the period on the entire prayer. It's a small sentence that says "I totally believe what's been said, or written and there's no need to rethink it or rearrange it, because it is what it is.  Period. We usually say "And So It Is" with gusto, with a strong energy. I learned from a Shinto Priest that a hand clap also emphasizes what we've stated as truth, so I usually (our of habit) do some hand claps after a prayer or positive statement.  The hand clap breaks up negative energy that might try to interfere with our spiritual intention.  Some people use snapping of the fingers to put the period on the statement.  It's just a signal to our subconscious that it's finished it's done, no more need to question it. We were taught by a spiritual healer (Henry Rucker) to clap away negative energy after scanning the person's body and sending them healing energy.  The clapping in this case makes the negative energy dissolve and it keeps it away from the healer. 

OUT OF SOMETHING BAD THERE'S SOMETHING GOOD.

Last year my car was sideswiped by a drunk driver while driving home one night. When I realized the SUV in the opposite lane had crossed the double line and was headed towards me, I swerved quickly to the right to prevent a head on collision.  The sound of the impact was deafening and what's worse, he didn't even stop. I found out later that not only did he hit my car, but 3 other cars on that dark country road, and two people had to be helicoptered to a hospital.  I was in shock as I slowly drove to the entrance of my community and right away my rational mind started chattering, "was that guy trying to kill me?", "now I'll have tons of paperwork to take care of", "will my insurance company pay for these damages?", "wonder if this guy had insurance?" "now how am I going to drive to the autobody shop with my mirror hanging down the side of my car?" and lastly, "why did this happen to me?"  

ANGELS COME IN ALL FORMS

 When I got to the entrance of my community there was another car with the driver's side mirror hanging down.  I peeked into the window and asked the driver "did you just get hit by a SUV?"  The man said "yes and I'm calling the police right now".  The security guard at the gate motioned for us to move to  the side of the road to wait for the police.  Now my mind was really working over time, as thoughts of how my schedule would have to be rearranged the next day came zooming into my consciousness.  As I was looking up into the night skies, asking "why did this happen to me?", my neighbor, a middle aged Hispanic man quietly said to me, "we are blessed".  Wowee, I forgot to give thanks that this situation wasn't worse.  He went on to say "we need to thank God for our lives because we could be dead or injured right now."  It was then that I realized how dangerous the situation was, because the place on the road where my car was hit, had a deep ravine on the right side. I could have swerved too far to the right and plummeted down that ravine.  I was thankful for the reminder to give thanks.  I view this man, this neighbor as an angel in my life who reminded me that we were fortunate to be alive. He reminded me to give thanks for my blessings. He ended with "we can always fix our cars, I'm just happy to be alive." He was so right. His words calmed me down and I started saying a silent Thank You God. 

A SONG CHANGED MY ENERGY

After giving the policeman my information, then driving home to call  my insurance company, I had an amazing good night's sleep.  Yet I woke up the next morning and my rational mind was going bonkers..."how are you going to get to the repair shop with your mirror hanging down?"  "who can you call to help you put a temporary fix on the mirror?"  "do you have any duct tape left from the last time you used it?"  Geez!  Then a song entered my mind that I'd heard on Agape a few days ago.  I liked the song so much that I listened to it over and over again.  It was not just the beat of the song, but the positive lyrics that attracted me.  I had memorized the song and started singing it on the way down the stairs to the kitchen to look for duct tape..."there was a time, in my life, I thought I had to do it all by myself, I didn't know the grace of God was sufficient, didn't know the love of God was at hand"..."but now I know, if you are discouraged, struggling just to make it through another day...you got to let it go, let it all go and this is what you need to say...I release and I let go, I let Spirit run my life and my heart is open wide, cause I'm only here for God".  Hmmm, that changed my energy from despair to hopeful.  I didn't find any duct tape, but decided to try to use regular tape. I felt somehow I was going to make it work.  But it didn't.  Then a young man drove up beside me in the parking lot and asked me "what are you doing?"  I told him about the accident and how I needed to tape my driver's side mirror up so I could drive to the repair shop.  He said "oh I think I can help you, I can drive a few screws in it, that should do it".  He jumped out of his car and pulled a battery operated screw driver out of the trunk and in less than 5 minutes he reattached the mirror.  What a blessing.  I tried to pay him but he refused saying "I'm blessed".  I asked him if he was a Christian (since Christians are the only people I know who say "I'm blessed"), he said yes that he recently converted to Christianity after being a Muslim for many years.  One word lead to another and we discovered that this young man had been helped by my deceased husband years ago when they were both in the Nation of Islam.  He told me that my husband had helped him many times in the past and he was so happy to be able to return the favor. 

KEEP LOOKING UP

What could have happened that day, if I hadn't changed my energy with the song, was I could have gotten depressed when I couldn't find the duct tape.  I could have fallen into victim mode and stayed inside all day.  The song energized me and reminded me of why I'm here "cause we're only here for God".  When these things happen I always think of the timing in the event.  I went outside at just the right time to bump into this young man who helped me.  It was a great karmic exchange because he was so happy that he was able to pay my husband back by helping me, while not knowing who I was or my relationship to a man whom he said had been an angel in his life.  So what does this have to do with abundance and finances?  Everything.

ABUNDANCE IS HAVING WHAT YOU NEED

I hasten to remind all of you that money is good, money is needed but abundance and prosperity cover a wide range of things.  In the above story ( all true) a series of circumstances took place where I didn't need money to solve a perceived problem. The other alternative was to call a tow truck and have my car towed to the nearest repair shop.  There was no way I could drive with my mirror hanging precariously down the side of my car.  The young man who fixed my mirror was in human form but he also was an angel in my life.  The fact that he absolutely refused to take money for his work  was also a moment of prosperity for me.  While I was perfectly willing to pay him for his deed, he quietly let me know that there are somethings that money can't buy.  He also gave me a priceless recommendation for an honest repairman, telling me to drop his name when I went.  Finding an auto repairman or mechanic is like gold in this area. 

AN IDEA WHOSE TIME HAS COME

Since we've started this project, I've received lots of emails about abundance, prosperity and plain old money.  Today I received an email inviting me to join Deepak Chopra's 21 day meditation challenge and the subject is abundance.  I always do Deepak's 21 day meditations and not going to miss the next one.  It starts on November 5th.  Plus there is a Full Moon in Taurus (the money sign) on the 29th, so we're right in a cosmic flow, focusing on increasing and balancing our finances.
Join us tonight at 8:00pm to meditate and recite the financial prayer. 
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:  IT IS ALL GOOD, AND SO IT IS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you.