Sunday, October 21, 2012

DAY SIX

I NOW OPEN MY MIND TO RECEIVE MY GOOD.

One of the important keys to balancing your finances is to keep an open mind.  Many of us are givers in life and we block our financial flow by refusing to accept the gifts that come to us.  This could be on a subtle level and until a spiritiual teacher pointed it out to me, I just didn't see it.  I was the person who always played down my accomplishments and felt unworthy of praise.  So when someone would say that they
liked what I was wearing I would say something demeaning about my clothing..."oh this thing, I've had it for years".  Or I would go into a "too much information" mode. better known as "TMI", i.e. " I bought this dress in the Salvation Army discount store. It was on sale for $3 Dollars", or I took this dress out of my daughter's closet", or I would point out a flaw in the dress, "the stitching is coming out of the hem".  One spiritual teacher advised me to just accept the compliment with a sincere "thank you" and move on.  Jack Miller, one of my early astrology teachers sat me down and told me, "Ayesha even if a small child offers you a dirty lollipop, take it."  That seemed a little extreme to me, but Jack went on to explain that even a dirty lollipop was a gift, and if it came from a child, it came from the heart.  One habit that i developed when I was younger was to say "Oh you shouldn't have ", when opening a birthday or xmas gift.  This was code for saying " I really don't deserve this".  But thanks to my teachers I've learned to accept compliments and gifts with ease, no matter who gives them. 

WE'RE NOT HORSE TRADERS

Tony Robbins, the great motivational teacher saId that we should give and receive gifts without thinking "now I owe this person a gift" or "now he owes me something".  In his loud booming voice he said "we're not horse traders".  What I got from his message was to just give or receive without thinking of motivation.  "I NOW OPEN MY MIND TO RECEIVE MY GOOD".  Now there are cynical people in the world and there are people who are giving a compliment or a gift because they want something in return.  But you don't have to make that your problem or to spend too much time trying to figure out their motivation.  Try to keep an open mind, let go of the
negative chatter and receive what comes to you with grace. 

SAY THE PRAYER DAILY
We're living at a time when it's a good idea to pray without ceasing.  Some of us are saying the financial prayer at 8:00pm every night, while others tell me that they say the prayer whenever they think about money.  When you keep the prayer in mind, it's easy to remember a line whenever you spend money.  For one thing it will keep you in a calm state of mind, regardless of what's going on in the outer world.  I got through the last gas crisis using this prayer.  While others were standing near the gas pumps, complaining about the prices, I would turn my back to the figures as they moved higher and higher.  I would say to myself " God works in myriad ways to bless me" or "I now open my mind to receive my good." Or I would just say a silent "thank you" as I was tightening the gas cap on my car.  That way a simple thing like filling up my gas tank became an opportunity to reset, focus and open my mind to receive my good. 


WORRY IS A USELESS ACTIVITY

Actually, worry is a prayer for what you don't want.  When we worry, our thoughts recycle and we end up thinking the same negative thoughts numerous times.  Worry always takes us to visions of the worst case scenario as our rational minds and egos race to infect us with negative thoughts of doom and gloom.  When I talk to the people in my life who are always worrying, they usually tell me that they are just concerned about the outcome.  Others tell me they can't control their thoughts, that they just magically appear.  But a sure way to stop the worry about money is to change the thoughts when they try to take over.  people who worry are actually trying to control the outcome of a situation.  They are always thinking about the future and hardly ever appreciating what's happening in the present. 

BE HERE NOW

The past is dead.  The future is imaginary and the gift is in the present.  We can change our minds, we can change our thinking, we can change our emotions when we stay in the present.  In fact the present is all there is.  So don't worry about your finances.  Worry is a prayer for what you don't want.  Stay positive, say the prayer daily and open your mind to receive your good.  When your bills come in the mail (or on line), say a silent "thank you".  Be grateful for the services you received from the companies that provided your electric, your water, your telephone and computer services.  If you do these things, stop the worrying habit, giving thanks for your blessings, memorizing the prayer, saying it every day, you'll slowly become a money magnet, attracting good people, things and situations into your life.  You have nothing to lose and plenty to gain by focusing on the positive lines in this prayer.  You'll find that life becomes easier, you'll be more joyful and fun to be with.  It's all good! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you.