Monday, November 5, 2012

DAY 19

CONSISTENCY

Wonder how many of us who started this project 19 days ago, are still on it?  When people tell me they want to change their lives, change their finances, I look for clues that tell me if they will actually be willing to put in the time required to be effective in making a change.  One of the most challenging things to change is our consistent thinking.  What pops up in our minds automatically when faced with a reason to spend money?  I was doing just find when my food shopping was in my local area in the mountains.  Prices were generally the same with an occasional sale  that you'd get if you had the store card.  

REALITY HITS

After the trip to the yoga center we decided to shop for  groceries before we went home.  So how do you stay positive about money when you're looking at the prices of food in the super market?  I started off good, thinking "God is my supply" or "money comes to me easily and frequently", or "I give freely and fearlessly into life, and life gives back to me with fabulous increases of abundance".  I backslid into negativity when I saw the price of dishwashing detergent...it was almost triple the amount I was used to paying.  Yikes! Keep it together girl, you're the one advising other people to stay positive, especially when spending money.  

JUDGE NOT!

It was the trip to  a New York grocery store that helped me to realize how judgmental I had been in the past with people who couldn't seem to stop negative streams of consciousness from coming to the surface.  "what???" "how can they charge that amount of money?"  "they don't care about people, they just want to get rich"  Oh yeah once you go down that slippery slope the mind can conjure up all kinds of negatives "they're probably into child bondage or something".  OK, I had to remove myself from my daughters, go to a quiet aisle, take some deep breaths and re-center my energies so I could get back on track again.   One catch all phrase for me is "it's all good". And surely it was, and is.  For one thing, one of my daughters paid for everything and did it with grace and style "out your money away, I got this".  She also paid for the cab back to her apartment and gave the driver a generous tip. She said to us as we moved towards the elevators, "those guys are having it hard this week".  This is the daughter who has a good relationship with her money.  I can't take credit for her generous attitude or ability to attract what she needs...she seems to have been born that way.  For astrologers that would be Mars, trine Jupiter.  She brought her tendency to be generous with her from a previous lifetime.

LIVING AND LEARNING

As long as you live, there's always something new to learn.  What I've learned over the past few days is to stop being so judgmental.  We were taught that whatever we focus on and give emotion to, grows and expands in your life.  We're learning that we have to be more understanding and to reserve judgement of things and people that we don't understand.  "there but for the grace of God, go I", was one of my grandmother's favorite sayings (from the Bible).  If we point the accusing finger, there's always going to be 3 fingers pointing back at us.  Some people only learn to be less judgmental if they have the actual experience.  If you don't want to attract the same experience then try not to judge when things seem to be worth judging.  


2 comments:

  1. Wow Ayesha :) you're such a strong inspiration and ICON! After all you've been through with the storm and being taken out of your comfort zone, you continue to maintain and keep up such a positively productive project. Thank you so much! This has helped my life so much. You being human and sharing your experiences as a teacher to her students is so helpful. I know I can keep going and make it :) because you do. Thank you again I love this blog and have shared it with my friends, family and clients <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words and support. I love to write and share, so this is fun for me:o) God's continued blessings, Ayesha

      Delete

I love hearing from you.