Saturday, November 3, 2012

17TH DAY

FLEXIBILITY

Flexibility is easy for some people, challenging for others. The mutable signs are flexible, Gemini, Virgo, Pisces, Sagittarius, were born with a built in sense of flexibility, while the Fixed signs, Taurus, Leo, Aquarius and Scorpio find it hard to be flexible, or change their position.  While contemplating whether to do this project and to commit to 30 days of blogs, the thought came to me, "what if I find myself in a position where I'll be away from a computer and unable to do the blog"?.  And now's the time I was talking about, I'm displaced, staying at my daughter's apt. in NYC, away from the things that make me comfortable and forced to get to know another computer, sit in a totally different room, deal with the noises of other people on the inside, and sirens and buses on the outside.  The things that made me move from the city in the first place.  So here I am, back again, trying to focus and shut out sounds that are distracting, and trying to write something that might mean something to other people.  Oh, what was the subject?  Healing our finances, or balancing our finances, either one will do.  


THIS PRAYER WORKS ANYWHERE

It doesn't matter where you are, this prayer still works. For one thing  I'll constantly giving thanks for my blessings and the blessings keep happening, one day at a time.  I could be in my quiet space in the Poconos or walking up Broadway and the opportunity to receive a blessing opens up.  A trip to the post office today, seemed to open pandora's box.   The people I met today, were all contacts that have been in my life for over 30 years. Some young enough to be my children, others old enough to be my sibling. One thing that made me happy was the exchange between me and these people had been good. So glad they recognized me and called my name. Memories from the past came flooding in as the young man with a huge smile on his face rushed towards me. Wow! This kid is now a grown man with children, who would have thought?  One thing to keep in mind is that the people in your circles can either open doors for you or close them, depending on your past history.   We were taught to genuinely celebrate and honor every person who enters our lives. It's so much better to connect with someone to share good memories than to try to avoid someone because of a misunderstanding or unsettled grievance. We were also taught to celebrate other people's success and to silently say when we heard about it "I wish for you what I wish for myself".  Or to think "you're success is my success".  Now I wouldn't have met these people if it wasn't for the blackout and Hurricane Sandy.  So I'm giving a shout out to Sandy.  Thank you for forcing me to be flexible and to deviate from my regular routine.  Thank you for pulling me out of my comfort zone.  It's all too easy to get stuck in a rut and to only do what's comfortable.  What's challenging is to face the unknown, do something different, try something different. 
Think I'm getting the hang of the Mac, wouldn't have tried it if I wasn't desperate.                       

  

  I NOW OPEN MY MIND TO RECEIVE MY GOOD

Keeping an open mind goes along with being flexible, and sometimes spontaneous. When you keep an open mind you don't get stuck in your point of view, but are willing to listen to someone else's point of view.  What does that have to do with balancing your finances or increasing your financing?  It's all connected.  For one thing if you want things to change in your financial world, then you're going to have to do something different than you've been doing.  If you keep doing what you've been doing then you're guaranteed to get the same thing you've always had.  So keep an open mind, be flexible and receive your good.  Your good could come from various avenues of expression, from the people you know, the people you meet, from a stranger that you converse with in the store, from hearing something on the radio or television.  Try not to discount this if you haven't tried it, because there's nothing too good to be true, and nothing too wonderful to happen.
Stay with it and watch the blessings come pouring down to you.  Meditate with us at 8:00pm.  THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Walk down a different street, find a new way to go to work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you.