Tuesday, March 26, 2013

FULL MOON IN LIBRA, WEDNESDAY MARCH 27, 2013

MOON IN LIBRA - MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR!

When the Sun is in Aries, the sign of "I Am" and opposite the Moon in Libra, the sign of "we are",  we experience the Full Moon in Libra.  Aries is the sign of war and Libra is the sign of peace.  Aries is the sign of the individual, while Libra is the sign of partnerships.  Aries and Libra are opposite each other in the natural Zodiac.  Aries and Libra are unlike each other, but they can co-exist, and we can learn from each one.  Once a year the Full Moon appears in Libra while the Sun appears in Aries.  We can learn from this opposition and channel the energy in positive ways.  When considering what to write about this Full Moon, the memory of an encounter I had with some teenagers came to mind.  Walking back home (In Queens), from a good swim workout (90 laps), I found myself in the midst of some young males who were talking about a plan to go to someone's house and "jack him up".  Usually people my age would avoid this group of teens and just cross the street to avoid them.  But I decided to walk through them because I consider that all children are my children.  These tough looking young guys could have been my sons or my grandsons.  As I was trying to pass them, I looked at the child who was obviously the leader of the group, gave him eye contact and said "you see the Moon up there?"  He stopped and looked up and I continued, "it's the Full Moon in Libra".  He had a curious look on his face as he asked, "what does it mean?"  I answered "it means you can choose to either make love or make war".  Now the whole group had stopped and they were surrounding me. I went on to explain "it happens every year when the Sun is in Aries, the sign of war and the Moon is in Libra the sign of peace".  The leader yelled "I'm an Aries, so what does that mean for me?"  I had to admit to him and the others that I heard their conversation about what they were planning. I told them if they carried out their plan they would suffer dire consequences,  especially now that the Moon was Full.  As I was talking,  a police cruiser drove by us and I pointed to it and said the police know these things and they expect more violence during a Full Moon."they'd be more than happy to accommodate the prison industrial system by arresting you and putting you in jail. One of them said "yeah I noticed there's more police action tonight".  So on the Full Moon in Libra I was able to share some wisdom with the young people, and the advice I gave them "make love not war" ( a slogan I learned in the 60's.) 


IT'S ALL ABOUT CHOICE!



The benefits of being born in a human body is that we have choice in every matter. When the Full Moon comes along there are humans who choose to go off the deep end and allow their increased emotions to over ride making conscious decisions. Full Moon in Libra time is the time to choose to make all decisions with love in your heart. You can choose to be angry with someone or you can choose to treat the situation with love.  While doing a chart in Riker's Island Prison, for one of my students, who happened to be an Aries, I realized that the day he shot and killed a man in a dispute about money, the Full Moon was in Libra.  He explained to me that he had no intentions of commiting murder, but the man owed him money and when they met up in a bar, the man started "beef" (ghetto word for argument) with him and they went outside to "settle their differences".  Then someone threw him a gun because the other guy was getting the best of him in a fist fight.  "Ayesha I had to use it because I wouldn't be able to show my face in the hood again, if I didn't use it".  Hmmm, so the choice he made winded up killing someone and he was now facing a sentence of 25 years to life.  I told him that on that day the  Full Moon was in Libra and his emotions got the best of him.  I also found out that on that same day, his wife was in the hospital giving birth to their child. "why didn't you just go to the hospital to be with your wife?"  He told me his plan was to first stop for a drink and then head to the hospital, but he got diverted by this man who owed him money and who was (in his mind) being very disrespectful.   He also told me during our session that if he had known about astrology and the Full Moons, he might have made a different choice.  We'll never know. 

FULL MOON MADNESS

Back in the 80's I wrote an article for Essence Magazine called "Full Moon Madness".  The research for the article involved talking to doctors and nurses who worked in emergency rooms, emt's who serviced people who needed emergency treatment, police captains in local precincts, and doctors/nurses who worked in mental institutions.  the general consensus was that when the Full Moon was on the weekend, the incidents of accidents and homicides increased.  In fact in all cases, when they knew that a Full Moon was happening they would hire extra staff  to handle the increased activities.   Doctors in mental institutions said they always knew there was a Full Moon, because their patients would become unmanageable.  While my research wasn't exactly scientific, it was enough to encourage readers to be aware of Full Moons and to try to flow through the period without hurting themselves or others.  The Full Moon cycle lasts for two days before and one day after the event.  People who are already on the edge, or angry about something are advised to cool it, just look up and witness the beautiful Full Moon, and wait until after the Full Moon passes to make important decisions. 

FULL MOON IN LIBRA CAN BE BEAUTIFUL

I was born with the Moon in Libra and Libra Rising, so I'm really sensitive to this Full Moon.  Listening to many healers on line helps me to stay grounded in the truth of how important our emotions are to our physical health.  One healer commented that if you don't have buttons to push, you won't be impacted by someone pushing your buttons.  Sound a little redundant, but I get the drift.  This particular Full Moon, I've been witnessing my reactions to people who call me on the telephone, or who write me an email.  I'm aware that we're in the energy of the Full Moon, so I'm doing lots of breath work, and breathing deeply before I reply to something that I don't like.   Working on me, I'm eliminating unnecessary buttons and realizing that "if they knew better, they'd do better". (Isabel M. Hickey).  But, I'm making sure not to repress or stuff my feelings as I try to respond with kindness and love to people who act as if I'm on their payroll (laughing).  The beauty of the Full Moon in Libra, the sign of peace, harmony and beauty, is it's a good time to be the witness of my own thoughts and actions.  The particular Full Moon in Libra comes with 4 planets in Aries, including the Sun, in opposition to the Moon in Libra. The Aries energy is assertive, even agressive, and there is a potential to cut people off, or to "go there" in an attempt to win a potential argument.  But I'm reminded that it only takes a few seconds to think about my responses to people.  A few seconds to say to myself "do I desire peace and love or do I need to be the winner of this discussion?"  Alchemists tell us that when you make a conscious decision to choose the high road, you're in a position to turn lead into gold.  You can make a friend or make an enemy, and the choice is purely up to you.  Full Moon in Libra is a good time for romance or to attract a love in your life. You can set your intentions and call for your soul mate at this time, or just spend quality time writing down the characteristics of your Divine Right Mate.  Imagine how you will feel when that special someone is in your life.  Even though there are 4 planets in Aries, which influences us to think about self, or getting ahead, or making new starts, that beautiful Full Moon in Libra is saying "you don't live in this world alone, and cooperation is much better than competition".  This is also a very good time to do some mirror techniques, i.e. looking in the mirror and saying "I am beautiful, I am capable, I am loveable".  The fact is you can't love someone else if you're not loving yourself unconditionally.  Libra rules the kidneys in the physical body, so make sure you are drinking enough water. I just came back from a road trip and realized that I was hydrated, feeling lethargic and extremely tired.  The minute I started drinking more water my energy came back.  Tomorrow I'm going to swim and play and pray in the water and and I'm also going to sage out a friend's house to get rid of the negative energy... it's all good.  Enjoy the Full Moon in Libra and be good to you and/or others.  This week we have Passover and Easter...a good time to celebrate your life.

4 comments:

  1. Im an aries with libra rising. This was excellent. Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you'll be feeling this full moon energy more personally. The Chopra meditation for today is to rest, play and allow the creativity to come through. Do something today that allows your creative energy to flow. Have fun with it, and it is all good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this. This was the easiest to understand of all the descriptions I read about this event. I wanted to find out more because almost everyone I've come into contact with today has had multiple dramas happen just in the span of 12 hours or so. Really big things too, like a suicide, car accidents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this one seems to be a rough one, for lots of people...my daughter had to run to MA to see about her father who needs heart surgery, and my brother in law is literally dying, in hospice, and my sister has demonstrated alzheimer's is very depressed over the situation with her husband.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you.